Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Just a moment..............


I had completely missed posting the year etc. of this trip.

The year was 2006. Month of May. It was still cold in the USA. This was our first trip traveling together to India. We made many trips back and forth separately, but never together in three decades!!! There is always a first time for everything, right?

Our agenda was not just the Chardham trip. On our list we had Tirupathi (Sri Venkateswara), Tiruchanur (Alamelu Manga), Puttaparthi (our dearest Sathya Sai), Varanasi, Haridwar, Swami Sivananda asharam, Allahabad, Triveni sangamam, Gaya and Calcutta (family and temples).

We covered all of them. I will go through the list later on in detail.

About the package tour, ours was during the peak season. So, more expensive. The rates are slightly higher for non-Indian nationals. Discounts are available for senior citizens. The same goes for domestic flights and train travel in India.
If any of you are interested in making these trips, shop around very carefully.

It is almost three years and no photographs yet? Many have asked me this. The places I have mentioned so far were traveled by bus and I did not get a good opportunity to take photos. I do have some and I will post them in March.

No comments: