Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Return to Tirupathi - Nov 8, 2007

We had an enjoyable trip overall. But all of us were exhausted. The weather, the food, the hotels were all good. The driver's aptitude did not change. The men in our group pampered him a little bit. He took advantage of that and his attitude had changed. Now it was our return journey to Tirupathi. On the way we were passing by Kanchi. Rao's brother wanted to see that place also. The two of them (he and his wife) even considered getting off and exploring by themselves. Since there was so much to see there, we wanted to make a separate trip. But we weren't sure whether they should take the risk of travelling by themselves. Anyway, as we approached kanchi, Rao's brother had some uneasy feeling healthwise. So, we did not stop and hence returned to Tirupathi.

There was a wedding from my father's side of the family that I wanted to attend in Nellore on the 10th. So, I went to Nellore on the 9th and returned on the 11th. I saw tons of relatives and old friends and aquaintances whom I have not seen in decades, at that wedding. Rao rested at Nirmala's place for 2 days. his brother and sister-in-law returned to Hyderabad with happy memories and some health issues.

Rao and I made a day trip (night journey) to Puttaparthi to see our beloved Sathya Sai Baba. We had great darsan and returned to Tirupathi. The trip was short and sweet. By the time we returned, Nirmala was ready with the plans for the next leg of the yatra.

Thanks to all of you who read my posts so far. Please comment and help me improve my blog. The next chapter would be our trip to Karnataka.

No comments: