Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

P.S. to my post Kolhapur and Mahalaksmi Mandir

I forgot to mention that after the big pooja, after visiting the other deities inside the Temple, when we came out from the main building, the first thing I noticed was a shop/booth where the vendors were selling Maharashtra lottery tickets. I mused - the devotees must have so much faith in their 'Goddess of fortune!!'. Believe me, people were buying!!!

Beware friends!!!!

Also, as I was going through my travel receipts, I just (March 30, 2009) noticed that for that Panchaamrit abhishek, we paid Rs.401 each, in cash and the receipt shows that we paid only Rs.250 each.

We stayed at Subra hotel which was perfectly fine for our needs. And it was walking distance from the central Bus station. We were to take a bus to Pune from there.

But here is more info. for those interested in going there.

Mahalakshmi dharma saala
Shanthi Prakasa dharma saala
Mangala karyalayam
Mangalaram Karyalayam and so on
The first one is just 100 meters from the Temple.

In addition, there are some western style tourist hotels like Maharaj, Meghna etc.
Transportation buses are very comfortable and good.
To tour the city, M.T. Dev board has special buses. Ask them for 'karaveer darsan bus'. There are private tour buses also.

The Temple hours were 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. with some exceptions which varied.

No comments: