Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Vereval to Ujjain

We had train reservation from Vereval to Ujjain. But our expert Auto driver said that very recently, they have added Somnath station and that we could board the train in Somnath itself by showing our existing ticket and paying a small extra charge per ticket. he was right. We paid extra 30 ruppes and boarded the train. Rightaway, Nirmala and Rao dozed off and I started writing my diary.

Sofar, we have spent 30000 rupees for the 3 of us and had wonderful darsans, which happened due to Rao's research, friends' help and mainly some divine force was travelling with us all the way.

We had a meal at Jethalsar junction, we ordered 3 meals and shared it.
Arrived at Ujjain at 3 a.m. It is Feb 17th now. The driver Mukesh met us and no hotel reservation was made. This portion of the trip was organised by Nirmala's niece's husband Sudarsan who had been of great help to us in making domestic train reservations. We wanted to have a bath before having darsan of Mahakaleswar. The driver took us to a type of house where for us two ladies to have a bath, we paid 100 rupees. he wanted extra for providing hot water. I refused to pay since it was not originally agreed upon.
I will write about Mahakaleswar Temple in my next post.

At this point, I have to mention this:

I was looking at the receipt given by the CHANDNI travels in Dwarak (Tinbatti chowk) on one side of which it was written in Hindi and on the other in English. In one small block, they wrote

Dwarka to Amdabad:
Eve. 8:30 (Sliping Shits) Do you know what is in paranthesis? I decoded it to be Sleeping Seats.
Any other answers from any reader of this blog?

1 comment:

Gopal said...

They could have been referring to the consequences of eating the train food, I suppose.