Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

November 24, 2009 - Amma's darsan continues

The Tuesday session was from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Alex was doing his own things like sleeping late, working out in the Hotel gym etc.

Rao and I got ready, got all our stuff packed to be loaded in the car. Our check out time was before 1 p.m. We weren't sure whether we would be able to finish our darsan by then. So, Rao checked out early and Alex was supposed to leave the key behind in the room. We stood in line for darsan after having a cup of Starbucks coffee. By 10 a.m., there were many ahead of us. But this time, the hugging was the firat event. Surprisingly, we were almost in the first group in line to go close to her. Those that had darsan either the previous day or in the recent past, were supposed to let the first timers go first. Since the crowd was small, we did not have to do that. This batch of volunteers were extra nice and extra cheerful. Now I knew that I am supposed to sit on my knees for her to hug easily. She said the same two words, but a dozen times - I said 'you are the bangaaru thalli'. By now, I was asking her for something that was sitting like a thorn in my heart and I started sobbing. She hugged me tight.
Overall, Tuesday's darsan was blissful.
I was quite amazed to hear all the service activities her organization did. She donated a lot of money to USA organizations and relief funds and I felt that it was great.
I shared my experience with Alex and told him that he should have come again.

We enjoyed our return trip in conversation. Rao and Alex were talking to each other and I was listening. We left around 2 p.m. after lunch and reached home before 6 p.m.

I saw Bob and his wife Maryanne separately in the hallway. I shared my bliss with Bob and he was quite pleased.

Conclusion: We will visit Amma again if an opportunity arises.

No comments: