Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

It was a happy ending - or a new beginning

Now that I am back in my own nest in Cleveland, I look back to see what happened in this trip. Since I could not post much during the yatra, I thought of walking backwards and cover from the last few days in India. the purpose of our trip now appears to be very different from a spiritual pilgrimage. The focus was more on compassion, seva, self analysis, some transformation!!!
Things started being calm and blissful since a week ago Thursday. Rao was not with us - so I have to speak for only myself and my life. He was and he is still in Hyderabad with his brothers. I am sure it is gradually improving for him also. Anyway, on the 14th, Nirmala and I visited the local ISKCON Temple in Tirupathi. In the past, I showed no interest. The Temple was huge, with exquisite architecture and beatiful vibrations. We spent about an hour enjoying the bliss. Both of us sponsored a free meal for 20 people. My father-in-law's death anniversary was on the 18th and since I could not be at Hyderabad for that, I thought of doing this. Nirmala just followed m - she is very generous and spontaneous for such deeds. We visited two of our old friends' homes to see the Navarathri bomma koluvu.
On Friday we went the Padmavathi Temple in Tiruchanur. The darsan was splendid since the crowd was very little. I felt really great. On Saturday I boarded the train to Chennai and reached Gayatri's in-laws' home by 2 p.m. Rested well in their good company. On Sunday, they took me to Sundaram for Sai bhajans and that, I was craving for a long time. From their we went to the Ramakrishna Math in Mylapore. This was a first experience for me. I listend to the vedic chanting. To our surprise, each individual was blessed by the priest with sacred water. Then we went to the local Shiridi Sai Temple. Being the day of Maha samadhi of Baba, there were many activities going on. Children were singing bhajans in one room. Elderly were chanting Sai names in another. Lectures were going on in another room. We spent time in each room, had some prasadam and returned home.
I felt that my yatra had just begun. I still feel the happiness that I received that day. I owe my thanks to Mohan and Priya for taking me on this one day yatra.

But, prior to this, when Rao also was with us in Chennai in September, they took us to see few other temples.  Local Ayyappan Temple, Hanuman Temple and Kapileswara Temple in Mylapore and Parthasarathy Temple. The Kapileswara, I have visited during my previous visits to Chennai.

Nangainallur(Nanganallur) Hanuman in Chennai:

In 1989, Sri Paramacharyar of Kanchi entrenched this 32 foot Idol of Anjaneya carved out of a single rock. Marui bhakta samajan trust are the ones that wished for this Temple. This Temple is known for bestowing better health to devotees and the idol is believed to have healing powers. The day of our visit, He was adorned with a vada maala that extended far beyond the 32 foot statue. I felt great vibrations in the Temple. No pushing or shouting anywhere.
The other forms indoctrined here are of Sri Rama, Lakshmana and Seetha with Anjaneya, Vinayaka, Raghavendra and Krishna with his consorts Rukmini and Satyabhama.





Each visit was unique and we both felt the bliss immensely. We missed not having our dear friend Nirmala with us. The main reason being she was our companion in all other Temple visits.

No comments: