Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Araku valley and Borra caves

I heard about the Araku valley long long ago from my sister when she was a student of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. They used to go for plant collection in their Botanical excursions. It was an interesting life for them - unlike us, Mathematics students whose life was dry - books, pen and paper!!!!!.

There were many suggestions from so many people  for this trip. Some suggested going by train in the caves. Nirmala wanted that. But to get the train tickets, you have to go to the station and make advance reservations. It was costly also. Personally, I thought that the excitement was only of the train going in the tunnels. You may miss out on the scenic beauty. There were some teachers and children who were visiting on an excursion. They brought lot of excitement into the caves. I manages to go up and down the uneven steps. The Taxi driver took some photos with my Mobile phone camera. I will try to add them once I locate them.


Nirmala said that she is not impressed with the Araku valley.

The valley is very scenic, but nothing extra ordinary for someone who has seen the National parks of North America. But the Borra caves were interesting. Nirmala was not interested in walking around the caves. I just picked up courage and went down the caves.



Overall, the trip was good.

You may see this link for a lot of information.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borra_Caves

No comments: