Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The search had begun

We did lot of google searching about the places we were interested in. We had checked out on some package tours. There were many available. The more choices you had, the more difficult it was to plan. But between Rao (my husband) and Nirmala (my friend) after many phone calls it was decided to go to Rishikesh on our own and then join the group tour there. Which meant that we fly to Delhi from Chennai and find road transportation from Delhi to Hrishikesh.
My son-in-law Srikanth's father played a big role in investigating about the tour packages in the local Chennai office. We sent the money, he paid the deposit. I called the NJ travel agent again to give her the exact dates of our travel to India. Nirmala made all the domestic air and train arrangements in India. It was really happening !!!. My children, their spouses and our friends had all joined us in the excitement. I was still nervous inside about the altitudes in Badrinath, Kedarnath, how my pacemaker would react etc. Nirmala assured me that if for some reason I felt any pressure or discomfort and did not want to go up, she would stay back with me at the foothills in Hrishikesh and Rao would continue with the group. (Isn't she a sweet soul??)

No comments: