Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

At Puttaparthi (Prasanthi Nilayam)

As soon as we entered the Ashram, it was a calming feeling. We had been there many times before together and separately. But this trip was with Mohan and Priya. We went straight to the building where the registration and allocation of rooms was done. Rao and I hold USA passports. So, we were given accommodation in a certain building. Our photos were taken for IDs. We were given a room with four beds and one bath room. Very simple, yet comfortable. We took bath, got ready for Baba's darsan.

For anyone more interested on how they operate the discipline etc. here, please visit Sai websites like radiosai.

As men and women were to be sitting in separate sections, Priya and I went in our own way. We stood in line and the volunteers carefully did the security check and let us into the Sai Kulvant Hall. The system was not new to either one of us. Due to the stiff joints, I opted to sit on the bench against the wall.

As usual, there was a long wait and then a sudden lull and everyone's head turned toward the side entrance. Some tried to stand up to see. The volunteers rushed to them to make them sit in their place. Swami was coming. Tears rolled over from my eyes. This happens every time I have His darsan. I folded my hands in reverence and prayed for my family and friends. He came in a slow moving vehicle and I had the most wonderful darsan. I always felt that He was looking at (only) me!! The clean ashram, the quietness of the place turns you automatically towards your spiritual side. Again, that is how I felt. It is possible for others to feel differently!!

We were there for 3 to 4 days. It was the same routine. Breakfast, darsan and in the evening around 4 p.m. darsan and walking, shopping and phone calls if any. Rao had his own small group who conducted a study circle. he would go there. Mohan took his walks and we all were sure to meet by night.

Leaving Parthi was always hard. But we had to. We returned to Chennai and from there went to Tirupathi.

No comments: