Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Return to Chennai and then to Parthi

Well, finally I learned to prepare a link for the photos.

Please CLICK HERE to see some of the Chardham yatra photos.

We had seen more in Kolkata- but I can't recall after all these years. The time had come for our return trip. We enjoyed our stay in Kolkata so much that I felt sad leaving. The flight to Chennai was very uneventful. We knew about the luggage limitations - so, we were within limit. This time I did not accept their snack or sandwich on the flight. I don't know whether I mentioned it before, on our flight from Chennai to Delhi when the air hostess asked me whether I would like a sandwich (cream sandwich which I despise), I was hungry and said 'yes'. Later on they charged me for that. I was surprised!!

I will be brief here. We arrived at Mohan's place from the airport, had a great meal and Nirmala left for Tirupathi the same day.

We were to go to Puttaparthi (Prasanthi Nilayam)with Mohan and his wife Priya to have darsan of Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

Mohan made reservations for the train from Chennai to Bangalore. It was a sitting only train. But extremely comfortable. We were given some good food also. We had (previously arranged) Taxi ready waiting at the train station parking lot. Mohan identified the Taxi driver and after a short break, we began our trip to Parthi. The ride was smooth in spite of some road construction. The anticipation of Baba's darsan made me very happy. The company in the car was great!!

No comments: