Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

This and that - venting

See my post dated June 4, 2011. I included a link to the Indian Railway system and coding.
Most of our reservations were made by Bhuvana's family. Very efficiently done - but they were all either WL (wait listed) or RAC (Reservation Against Cancelation). Some how with some extra fees for changing, canceling and multiple bookings etc., we managed to travel comfortably. Indecision bothered me the most. Not knowing what is going to happen next was the key to my frustration. When we had extra time between trains in Delhi, we decided to take a city tour in a taxi. We saw very little (Kutub Minar, my last preference) and he charged 3000 rupees for picking up and drop off at the station and giving a car tour of a small portion of Delhi roads. We boarded the train to Jammu by night fall.

I would like to dedicate a special post for my Travel agency, who made excellent arrangements for us.

No comments: