Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A short comment on Kedarnath etc.

I just feel sad that such a Holy place was hit by hardships !!! At the same time, feel fortunate to have visited Kedar, Badri, Gangotri and Yamunotri in 2006. As I mentioned previously, we could not go to Joshi Math. Even though I have beautiful memories of that trip, I also visit my blog and read what I saw. Yesterday, a young man Bhushan who said that he reads my blog, advised that I should keep a diary while traveling so that I won't forget the details. He is 100 percent right. That is what happened during my December 2012 Andhra yatra. I remember very little. My two companions are not interested in the life of this blog. So, no help from them. I remember the truck loads of Tulasi (sacred Basil) in Hanuman Temple. Wherever we went it was Tulasi in abundance. Never in my life I have seen so much of those stems. Here in my home I grow them in pots and they are very special for me. They are so delicate and susceptible to those spider mites, I lost the plants many times. I start from the seeds again. I used to grow and take them to our local Temple during the Sravana month and the authorities sold them in minutes. I haven't done that in 5 years. Currently, I have two small but healthy ones growing. Locally, I know some of my young friends have huge plants in their homes.

Having written this short note, I should begin my 2012-2013 yatra posts soon. The main yatra was the Maha Kumbh Mela and I am yet to begin that. I will finish my Andhra ones first and follow the calendar for the other sacred places that we visited.

No comments: