Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to Tirupati, Nellore and Hyderabad

After completing our Andhra yatra, I went to my native place Nellore to spend some time with my sisters. My husband went to Hyderabad and Machilipatnam to spend time with his side of the family.
As my daughter was visiting her in-laws in Chennai along with her husband and children and since they also wanted to visit my sisters, I co-ordinated my stay with their trip to Nellore. They made a day trip by Taxi and we all thoroughly enjoyed our family reunion. After they left, I continued my stay in Nellore. Nothing much accomplished while I was there. I very much wanted to visit my High School and could not do that. But, did visit the area I grew up and the Temples that we visited everyday. Did some saree shopping. Was happy to spend Pongal/Sankranthiri with my eldest sister.

On Jan 16th, I returned to Tirupati as I have previously booked my ticket to Hyderabad from there. Nirmala decided to travel with me to Hyderabad to spend time with her niece. On Jan 24th, she invited us to join her niece and family and to our surprise, she arranged a small family party with cake etc. She gifted us with silk saree and silk dhoti also. Now I remember that we were with her in Tirumalai for our 40th also and had wonderful darsan of Lord Venkateswara. While in Hyderabad, I caught severe cold and suffered a lot. My husband's two sisters-in-law took very good care of me.

Spent two weeks in Hyderabad and then we both joined my friend Nirmala for our main yatra, The Maha Kumbh Mela trip.

No comments: