Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

General Information





See the driver in the middle!!!!! Click on any photo to see it enlarged.

I know that I wrote that we did not make any advance hotel reservations. we did not have any problem finding good ones after some search and after more driving. having come to the conclusion that our driver had no knowledge of the province.

But we went during rainy, non-peak season. If at all possible, I would advise that you make some arrangement. Another thing disappointing to me was that no hotel served a full meal for dinner. Only Tiffin (palaharam) type. Dosa, Idli, parata, poori etc. I got tired of it after a few nights. Lunch time meals were great!! I finished my Granola bars too soon. Before we started on this trip we were told by some of our relatives that drinking water could be a problem in Tamil Nadu. But each hotel we stayed in supplied us with good supply of water to drink, hot water to bathe etc. We spent very little money on bottled water on this trip. We spent a lot on our Chardham trip. Most of the hotels were located near shopping areas, internet service facilities, pharmacies (drug stores), auto rickshaw and Taxi stands.

If any of you have useful advice, please feel free to post your comments.

No comments: