Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Naimish to Ayodhya


Just to let you know that I have added some photos to my previous post. Please go back to see them, if interested.

Now we are ready to leave for Ayodhya to see Rama Janmabhoomi, Hanuman Temple and Kanak Mahal. We did not make any reservations for accommodations. But we called our priest contact in Varanasi and he suggested we try Birla Yatra place after we got down in Ayodhya.
Pradeep dropped us off at the railway station. We took an auto rickshaw and without any problem reached the Yatra place. As a certified Hindi speaker, i was allowed by my companions to go to the reception desk and find a room. The first person I met in the corridor told me that there was a wedding party there and hence no room is available. But, I did not give up. Tried using my negotiating skills and the manager gladly provided a wonderful room with two double beds and excellent amenities for 320 rupees per night. There was maid service. Paid extra money for an extra blanket. We took an auto to visit the important places. The Babri Masjid that was demolished, the new site for Rama janmabhoomi, the blue print of the site, a small museum etc were seen

We saw a cow doing pradakshinams with her head bent and she was circling around a square area. The security was very heavy. One of the officers told us that that cow goes round and round that area 108 times twice a day. There was lot of dust around due to construction. We had to walk a lot and went through security twice. By now, we were expert walkers.

While walking through that area, I had a vision of Hanuman in his pure white fur. It was like a photo of Hanuman. Finally, I found that photo in one of the shops and the vision stopped. Now I have it framed.

No comments: