Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

As it ends, the finale of our yatra-my 108th post

As a tradition, we culminate our yatra by going to Tirumalai and having Sri Venkateswra's darsan. We rested a bit at Nirmala's place and on March 2nd, we hired a taxi and went up the hills. the same night, we had booked our tickets to go to Hyderabad. Nirmala also accompanied us. She and Rao talked about the next yatra. I was too exhausted even to think about it, that too an year ahead of time!!!!! The day we reached Hyderabad, we had sad news about the sudden death of Rao's cousin's son - a hit and run accident. We got busy with visiting that family, Rao attending the funeral etc. On the 4th, Nirmala and I visited another friend of ours and Nirmala's sister-in-law and the children, grand children. My departure to the USA was on March 10th morning. Nirmala returned to Tirupathi on the 5th and we visited Rao's elderly uncle and other relatives in his native place Machilipatnam. It was a day trip. We went by bus and returned by an overnight train. It was hectic, but not really tiring.
My son-in-law Srikanth met me at the airport in Boston and I reunited with Gayatri and Sharanya on March 10th night and with my son, daughter-in-law and the other grand daughter Geethanjali in Cleveland on March 15th.

Thus ended the yatra. Rao returned on the 31st and joined me in Cleveland in April. All is well that ends well.

I had a big collection of 'English speeched' type and misplaced them. Only few of these, I remember now. I will add when I regain my treasure.

A slogan near a hotel:
Learn for swim
swim for health

Other misspelled:
clasic = classic
Bukhari Hotel = Buhari Hotel
White hourse = white house
The other one I already mentioned in another post:
sliping shits = sleeping seats

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Padma, thanks a bunch...you have me splitting with my laughs!

I truly do enjoy reading your blogs....always an eye-opener for me.

Thanks for your excellent job, my friend....
marjorie