Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

From Cleveland Hopkins to EWR to Brussels to Mumbai to Chennai

Finally, the suitcases were ready - from two each to one each. Our tickets said two allowed. The travel agent assured that there should not be any problem taking two. But the United Airlines customer service was very firm on their rule that I pay $100.00 for the second one, even though Jetair allowed two from EWR. I did not want to take the risk. United Air customer service was not that polite either over the phone or at the Airport. End of complaints !!!!!!!!!
A loving soul presented me with a maroon colored sweater the day before on Nov 25th (to withstand Allahabad winter weather?????????). I wore it on the flight from Cleveland. The upholstery on the plane was all maroon. I fitted perfectly!! We had a few hours' wait at the NJ airport. Got on the Jetair on time. They are wonderful. Great service, tasty meals and happy faces. Reached Brussels on time and another wait of a couple of hours. Then to Mumbai. This was the longest wait. Changing from the International to the Domestic was a breeze!! Immigration and customs was smooth. They not only have clean airports, but also polite staff these days at Mumbai.The domestic airport is very glamorous and comfortable. Very clean. But Coffee was 100 rupees per cup. Tea was 90 rupees. I did not want either one!!!
Finally reached Chennai airport, got our luggage, came out and after some search got hold of the Taxi driver that Nirmala sent from Tirupati. He took us to Nandanam (he knows the house) where my daughter's in-laws live. Had wonderful few hours there and by evening, we were off to Tirupati.

I thought that this introductory post of the yatra was going to be brief. Sorry folks!!! I had to write this.