Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More about my visit to the Shiva Temple and down the memory lane

The darsans at the Temples were great. The Mulathaneswara Temple was crowded. Big change from what it used to be in my childhood. Being the month of Karthikam many were doing homa poojas outside the main shrine. I recalled that there was an old well at that location. We would take a peak some bats flying around. Now all that is closed. The Temple, overall looks very modern with multicolored gopuram and all. It looks pretty, but I missed the ancient look. The huge Ganesha outside the compound facing the Temple looked the same. The big Nandi next to the Ganesha shrine, with broken mouth part was there in it's magnificent way !!! I went on my memory lane looking at the houses around, thinking of all my playmates that lived there and all the games we played in that area.
I felt it was a quick visit.
The Venugopala swami Temple also had changed. But not much. As usual, there was less crowd. The new addition for me was the Hanuman shrine. I still have some relatives living in that area. They may not know mw. But I remembered their ancestors (of my age and older)!!!
The Dattatreya swami Temple had always been less busy. and we did not go in too often to that shrine, then. Now I know about the Lord and was keenly interested. It is a very small Temple in size. I don't know the history of it.
The Taxi fellow was very patient and waited where ever I wanted to. There is one not so popular one, Dharmaraja/Draupadi Temple. The main deity is the shakti part of Draupadi. Lord Krishna's idol used to be on the side (which I minded even in my preteen days. But a lot of activity was going on there.  We did not visit this one. We drove by on the highway behind that Temple. The highway is really great going towards Jonnawada.

More later, folks!!!!

No comments: